Entity Framework (EF) Core is a lightweight and cross-platform version of the popular Entity Framework data access technology.
In this episode, Diego Vega joins Christos to show us how we can port out Entity Framework 6 code to Entity Framework Core.
- [01:02] – Entity Framework Core Roadmap
- [03:04] – Entity Framework 6.3 updates.
- [04:44] – Different flavors EF
- [09:13] – EF 6 many-to-many mapping Demo
- [16:20] – Moving to EF Core
- [21:41] – Mapping many-to-many mapping in EF Core
- [25:11] – Updating database existence code
- [27:48] – Include data from navigation properties
- [29:51] – Defining composite keys in EF Core
- Announcing Entity Framework 6.3 Preview with .NET Core Support
- Entity Framework Core Docs
- Entity Framework 6 Docs
Migrating from Entity Framework 6 to Core | On .NET
Source: MSDN Channel 9